<VV> answers to questions

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 13 22:13:43 EDT 2005

Here's my take and I'm going to use adjusting valves as an example.  I
pretty much use the Ken Hand method of cold adjustment, but I was using it
well before Ken published it anywhere that I saw it.  Other I know and
respect as premier Corvair engine mechanics use the method in the shop
manual, and other people I regard as premier Corvair mechanics  swear the
only way to adjust Corvair Valves is running and hot.  Whos' right?  ALL OF
THEM!  All three  methods will give acceptable valve adjustments, which one
do we publish as the official CORSA method adjusting valves?  Over the
years, I've used all three and they have all worked satisfactory.

Dennis