<VV> Re: i suggest we not provide the answers

Mark Noakes mark at noakes.com
Sat Oct 15 08:53:35 EDT 2005

I appreciate both ways...sometimes it's nice to be able to ask and just get an answer, but I also need to learn where everything information-wise is located...where to look.

I've been driving and working on Corvairs since 1973; that's what I learned to drive in.  And I've been rebuilding engines since about then as well, but there are always those that know more.  It's nice to be able to ask and get an answer.

On the other side, it's easy to understand how people feel when they have been repeatedly burned by those that appear to have an interest but then just want to get their cars fixed up to sell; those are just using your free time and parts to make money for themselves.  There's nothing in that that helps the hobby.

By the way, Smitty's got me way beat on the miles.  My 61 wagon never made it past 175,000 and my 66 Monza only has 250,000 on it.

Mark Noakes