<VV> RE: secondary pumps

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 15 21:46:04 EDT 2005

 This was posted in an earlier response:
<<I also run accelerator pumps in my secondaries, so I don't have a lean
tip in when they open up.>>
The way I determine whether to install accelerator pump cups in secondary
carbs is to simply check and see if there is a passage between the pump
cavity and the pump needle cavity. No passage = no pump cup. Carbs with the
sealed passage also do not have any squirter holes (makes sense :-). Many
of the A.I.R. engine secondaries (but not all, apparently) were configured
this way.
The Carbmeister