<VV> Re: 5 speeds

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Oct 17 17:26:13 EDT 2005

A little shopping will definitely find them FAR cheaper than that. I bought
my 915 for $400. 901 trannies, which are FINE for any Corvair of stock HP, are
 quite available for reasonable money. It's all a matter of how much looking
around you want to do. The supply and demand on these prefers the buyer. I've
 even seen good G50s for under a grand.
I have no idea where the $5K came from but even a professional rebuild is
about $1500, plus the price of the tranny. I've seen 915s, rebuilt, with a
warranty, for $1800. But most of them are fine as is.

In a message dated 10/17/2005 1:58:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,