<VV> Corvair weekend

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Oct 18 22:32:39 EDT 2005

Had a good weekend - soccer and baseball on Saturday, then Sunday our
local Corvair club's fall tour in the Greenbrier. We even dropped the
kids off so it was just us and the dog, on a nice tour through the
Virginia hills. One time it's good to be the last car is on a tour like
this, we got to watch the other Corvairs the whole time, and catch the
reactions of folks when our little parade went by. Best was a couple of
kids, you could see one saying "What!?!?" as we passed

The 110 for the '66 Corsa is coming along, it's (I hope) a ready to go
longblock so I'm just cleaning and resealing. Corvair engines are
generally pretty durable, so I'm hoping it runs ok, so far everything
looks good inside. There were the usual leaks and I'm putting in new
crank seals since I figure the old ones are fairly tired. I got the
last of the gaskets and seals done today, so next I'll deflash the
heads and then start putting shrouds on. I'd like to be installing the
engine sometime early November - hopefully I'll have a little more time
to work then since the kids' sports seasons will be over.

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa