<VV> Corvair clutch diagnostic puzzle

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Wed Oct 19 19:54:07 EDT 2005

Hi Doug,
I would recommend as a safety precaution, copying the page of the Tech Guide on How to Drive a car without an operating clutch.  Maybe place the paper in the glove box in addition to training her how to drive it SAFELY without a clutch.  Or you might practice if you have never done it yourself.  A little tricky and can be dangerous in the wrong hands (feet?).  However, I had the Greenbrier clutch give out just a block from home and I was able to successfully place it into 2nd gear for the short drive home.

This is a good skill to know about for emergencies and any clutch failure classifies as that.

Good luck checking out the other suggestions.

-- Larry