<VV> Re. Corvair clutch diagnostic puzzle

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 19 22:30:46 EDT 2005

"look at the brake pedal pivot and it's attachment to the pedal assembly"

also check the arms on the pivot shaft in the rear.

ditto on Larry's suggestion to learn how to drive the car with broken
linkage, which I would suggest to all Corvair owners that drive their
cars. These clutch breakages rarely occur within pushing distance of
home -- I live near Portland, OR and have had cables break Sunday night
in both Roseburg and Seattle, and still driven home. Yes, you can carry
cable clamps and pieces with you, but who wants to lay in the gutter
some dark, rainy night on a  Seattle freeway just so you can drive home?
Much easier to just drive, if you have a good starter and battery.

Bill Strickland