<VV> Where the thermocouple?

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Oct 20 10:37:46 EDT 2005

>supplied thermocouple is one of the ringy thingy ones that is supposed to go
>under a sparkplug in place of the normal gasket.

I left the washer on to reduce the wiping of the ring.

>  Is this ok, or is there a
>better location.

Have wondered if the cooling air on top of the head would affect the
reading. Have mine on #2 and #5. Yesterday after several miles at 45 mph
(2250 rpm) and 85F ambient #2 read 260-280F. Is this typical ?

>Does anybody know the result if I were to use the stock
>sender with the VDO readout?

Yes, nada. Thermocouple produces a millivolt signal (Westach is 9.6 mv at
400F). Stock thermister is just a resistance device.

Padgett