<VV> low octane gas theory

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 15:08:55 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/21/05 12:01:35 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
UltraMonzaWest at aol.com writes:

> First, there are two distinctly different 110hp engines supplied by
> >Chevrolet.
> *
> *******
> Actually isn't there 3 or more 110's?

Matt,
I suppose that it depends on how you look at things. I consider the 1964 and
1965-67, non smog 110 hp engines the same. Both have the same combustion
chamber, displacement, camshaft, etc. etc.  Then there is the smog 110. That makes
two.

My '69  110  is open chambered.....raised dome piston........runs  great on
87  with 3.27's...

Interesting. How come your open chambered engine works so good when everybody
knows that squish chambered heads are more detonation resistant and tolerant
of low octane gas?

Regards,
Bob Helt