<VV> Positively posi

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sun Oct 23 14:58:42 EDT 2005

snipped and bottom posted

In a message dated 10/22/2005 9:45:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net writes:

I've  never had any diff turn that hard. I don't know what's wrong, but
it sure  don't sound right.

Any other technical answers??
Getting all the  information is most of the solution.

MIKE  KOVACS

Like others said, specified minimum Resistance to independent rotation is the test for a good posi.  A peek in the top cover would allow confirmation of posi-ness and general condition and would be a good start before making overhaul decisions any how.  One side bearing adjusting sleeve is quite different for use with the posi-unit. Bearing seat is Bored deeper to accept the extra length of the posi unit  I >think<  the difference may be visible externally  too.