<VV> Two questions, 1. Gas Gauge and 2. Tail lights

JRVIDRINE at aol.com JRVIDRINE at aol.com
Sun Oct 23 15:29:04 EDT 2005

Folks,

I am driving my car fairly regularly now.  I still have two  problems.  The
first is the gas gauge.  I have changed the sending  unit and put a new float
on it.  I always did have some erratic readings or  more correctly it worked
erratically.  Now it simply doesn't work.  It  stays on E or sometimes below E.
A month ago it was working and then  started this.  If I pull the wire from
the sending unit it goes to full  which is what I think it should be doing in
that case.  The ground wire is  properly attached to the unibody.  I have a
multi meter (but don't know  much about them).  If anyone knows the cause and
correction for this I  anxiously await information.  I gas up every time I go
anywhere in it which  is insurance.

The second problem are the rear tail light/brake/turnsignal lights.   At one
time they worked but not all the time.  I have replaced the engine
compartment wiring harness which includes the wires for those lights.  Now  the original
fixtures are rough and that may be part of it.  I have  recently attached
ground wire (18 gauge) around the outer fixture, soldered it  and attached the
ends to a good ground.  This didn't change anything.

Here are the symptoms:
    1. Head Lights on --- both taillights on
    2. Brakes applied --- left brake light comes on,  right one does not.
    3. Right turn signal --- doesn't work (although it  is flashing on the
dashboard)
    4. Left turn signal --- WORKS.

Any ideas on this?  I will replace the fixtures if those are part of  the
problem.  I appreciate any and all help offered.

Randy Vidrine
Branch, LA
62 Monza Coupe