<VV> Heat Pumps

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Sun Oct 23 22:27:45 EDT 2005

>So for temperatures down to about 20F, a heat pump can be effective and the
>EER is a whole lot beter than resistance heat but once it gets colder they
>do not work so well and "help" may be needed.

\I have a newer house (2001) in the hills of Maryland with a heat pump. I was initally put of by the system and intended to "upgrade" it to an oil-fired furnace
(my major experience being with heat pumps from the mid to late '80's). I have been extremely impressed by the performance (and the reasonable costs) by this
newer generation of equipment...

Bill