<VV> Re: Garage Heating

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 24 22:22:00 EDT 2005

JVHRoberts at aol.com wrote:

> Given the SUBSTANTIAL difference in installed cost, in many places, a
> geothermal unit will NEVER pay itself off in anything resembling a
> reasonable period of time.

In the Hot Springs area of Klamath Falls, OR, where you need a Corvair
for winter traction on the hillsides and steep driveways, all you do is
buy a house that already has the well drilled and system installed, add
the plumbing required for the new garage (if required), and other than
paying a recently implemented but small water tax, free heat goes a
SUBSTANTIAL way toward paying off the purchase price.

As one of our local advertisers used to say, "Free is a very good price!"

You must be thinking a a different type of system than a direct hot
water heat exchanging well.