<VV> Re: Garage Heating

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Mon Oct 24 21:30:59 EDT 2005

My house and shop are powered with ground source geothermal. Yes, the tubing
used now is plastic on the outside with a copper inner jacket. It is
amazingly tough stuff.

We have three 80-gallon storage tanks under the house. The crawlspace is
sealed with a concrete floor. The heat pumps are from the folks at
http://www.hydronmodule.com/.

The system is computer-controlled with inside and outside temp sensors.
House has several zones with thermostats.

The radiant system ties into our fresh air system. In other words, the fresh
air system can give a boost (become a hot air system) if the temp drops
suddenly. Also, in the summer, chilled water can be pumped through the air
system and used for A/C. Air system has separate thermostats.

Email me if you want any more info.

--Kent