<VV> Paint Gun Advice

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 26 22:24:34 EDT 2005

Painter Guys,

OK, it's time to paint the convertable.
I am currently without a spray gun, since the garage door ate the last one (don't ask).  So, I'm in the market for a new gun.

The ground rules:
I don't paint all that often, maybe one car every 5 years or so, but I have pretty good success.
I don't have a booth, I use my garage, so I get to color sand in any case.
I'm gutting up to try a tricoat paint (GM Crimson Pearl - WA379E/86) despite my current lack of practice.
I have a 115V compressor, so I'm limited in airflow to about 9 SCFM @ 40 PSI continuous.  I'm guessing that with a 25 gallon tank I can support a 10-11 SCFM gun.

The question:
I'm currently looking at a Binks MG-1 (about $250) - any advice, better suggestions, etc.

Unacceptable answer:
Have somebody else do it.

Roger