<VV> Pertronix Improvements

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Thu Oct 27 09:05:01 EDT 2005

> I too, agree there is nothing wrong with Points in a driver. And, points
>are fairly inexpensive.

A worn points plate is most often the cause of varying dwell.  A Pertronix I is $59 (or less) (which comes
with a new points plate) and a rebuilt points plate is $27.50 and the premium points/condensor $23.40
(total $50.90). Even without considering having to routinely replace the points, I think it's difficult to
complain about the Pertronix as much more expensive than points.

Bill