<VV> Engine compartment light installation

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Fri Oct 28 19:44:59 EDT 2005

Does anyone have (or can point me to) pictures showing the factory installation of the engine compartment light?  Primarily wire routing and where it hooks up to the juice.  I put the one I got on ebay in today and it was pretty obvious where it went, although there was only one hole in the lid so I had to drill the other one.  I ran the wire into the lid cavity thru a bigger hole that was near the one screw hole and then back out where the license plate light wire comes out.  I then just followed the license plate light wire and put a ring connector on the end of the wire and hooked it to the battery.  It works and looks OK but I doubt it was hooked up this way at the factory.  I'm also curious about whether there is a connector like the license plate light has.  Thanks in advance guys!

mike