<VV> "Points" to ponder - HEI

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sat Oct 29 23:39:01 EDT 2005

At 04:17 hours 10/28/2005, JVHRoberts at aol.com wrote:

>In a Corvair turbo, the combustion chamber pressures were probably higher
>than any other production car on the world at the time they were built. That
>alone puts the ignition requirements beyond the original design. Remember, a
>Corvair uses a standard GM ignition system, they make pretty much
>the same spark
>  energy as any other 6 cylinder GM car.

Then again, remember that GM used a different coil on Spyders.

Also, recall that in spite of all the modern conjecture, my Spyder
still pulled just fine with no misfires through 6000 rpm and I never
had any issues regardless of the boost conditions.

*Something* must have been working right...

tony..