<VV> Points to ponder

Levair at aol.com Levair at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 21:40:05 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/28/05 4:56:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rad.davis at mindspring.com writes:

<< The "real men" trick I learned was a piece of vacuum hose behind the
 points.  It worked too, although it was and is a crappy, short-term hack
 with bad consequences for the rubbing block on the points.

While racing my Stinger in the 70s I used the springs from two sets of
points, greased the rubbing block , used dual shaft/housing bushings , .012 gap and
ran 7500rpm
   Yes, I had to replace them nearly every race weekend.
   Now I use a converted HEI system form a Chevy truck.
Warren