<VV> Points to ponder

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 22:03:54 EDT 2005

And people wonder why some of us hate points... <G>

In a message dated 10/28/2005 9:40:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Levair at aol.com writes:

<<  The "real men" trick I learned was a piece of vacuum hose behind the
points.  It worked too, although it was and is a crappy, short-term  hack
with bad consequences for the rubbing block on the points.

While racing my Stinger in the 70s I used the springs from two  sets of
points, greased the rubbing block , used dual shaft/housing  bushings , .012
gap and
ran 7500rpm
Yes, I had to replace  them nearly every race weekend.
Now I use a converted HEI  system form a Chevy truck.
Warren