<VV> "Points" to ponder - HEI

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Sat Oct 29 23:05:33 EDT 2005

I don't think the Corsa turbos used a different coil, or did they? But then
again, I was running 15 PSI or more boost...

In a message dated 10/29/2005 8:44:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tonyu at roava.net writes:

>In a  Corvair turbo, the combustion chamber pressures were probably  higher
>than any other production car on the world at the time they were  built. That
>alone puts the ignition requirements beyond the original  design. Remember, a
>Corvair uses a standard GM ignition system, they  make pretty much
>the same spark
>  energy as any other 6  cylinder GM car.

Then again, remember that GM used a different coil  on Spyders.

Also, recall that in spite of all the modern conjecture, my  Spyder
still pulled just fine with no misfires through 6000 rpm and I  never
had any issues regardless of the boost  conditions.

*Something* must have been working  right...