<VV> Re: Drippy Carbs

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 11:26:59 EST 2005

In a message dated 10/29/05 11:22:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chelvis at camano.net writes:

> I have been experiencing a similar condition on my 140 since I bought it in
> May,
> although it is currently running on the primaries only. The carbs have been
> rebuilt once, and are out now having the throttle shafts rebuilt. The
> needle/seats
> have been replaced twice and the float levels have been lowered, yet the
> condition
> continues. Please CC me with any troubleshooting ideas because I am also
> baffled.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill Chellis

Bill,
If the secs are dripping gas, this is a strange situation, unless you have
1968-69 secs. There is no idle ckt in the secs. You have to have one or more of
these: Sunk float. Bowl level too high, bad inlet valve or too much pump
pressure.

Same things apply to the primary carbs too.
Regards,
Bob Helt