<VV> Re: DRIPPING CARBS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 23:05:42 EST 2005

if all carbs were rebuilt at the same time did the floats all get adjusted
too high?  thats the only thing i have run into other than a loose seat . i ilke
the viton tip needles or stock steel not the fancy ball or other radicle
needles.  also sometimes wrong needles like quadajet get into corvair stuff and
have larger feed holes, which can sometimes(not always) cause troubles. this can
be hard to notice .  i use a fuel pressure gauge on a special fuel line to
fit the left side of the engine to double check pressures if i have suspecteed
high pressure.  i must be lucky because i have never encountered excessive
pressure on any of my vairs.. i did get some bad gas that seemed to harden rubber
parts , including the rubber part of the gas control valve in my gas heater
and rubber coupling hoses once..made me think i had a bad regulator..boy that
was exciting! could not shut off gas to the heater with engine running..creates
a hot time in the nose of your fc. the carbs also got new viton tip needles
after i found that.
regards, tim colson