<VV> $3 gas/minimal Corvair content

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Sep 1 10:10:49 EDT 2005

Political, one of the beltway methods for changing lawz is to predict
something horrendous so that the public accepts the actuality with relief.

Something like a couple of articles in Corsa predicting a dues increase to
$45/year to condition the membership so that a lesser increase to say
$38/year is accepted with relief and congratulations to the board.
Fortunately the board is not made up of politicians (in Florida we keep
them as far away from anything as possible - check where Talahassee is) so
did not use that trick.

Meanwhile gas usually spikes, plateaus, and then drops back to a stable but
higher price than before. Of course now that all of the dollars we have
been paying China for goods are coming back to compete for the same
petroleum we have been buying so the rules may be different here. Still I
would expect some drop once the panic over Katrina destroying all of the LA
refineries subsides.

Padgett