<VV> Starter problem

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 11:24:58 EDT 2005

Bill writes:

> I'm stumped as to an electrical problem with the starter and I suspect
> have no electrical "aptitude" not enhanced much by experience.
>
> SNIP
>
> I have replaced the battery, cables, solenoid, and ignition switch with
> new parts. Replaced the ignition switch terminals with a soldered
> terminals to no effect.
>
> SNIP
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Bill

************************
First off let me applaud you for knowing your limitations!  A real Man has
that ability!  ggggg

I believe Ed Corson has talked about this before.......FC's have this type of
problem, as did Volkwagen Beetles.

AGE....long leads.......have brought this on.......a simple relay back in the
engine compartment..fed from Bat  POS  will eliminate the LOW VOLTAGE  at the
starter solenoid actuation terminal.

You are basically  making that "starter switch" the PO
installed...automatic!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug