<VV> Starter problem

Bill Meglen tirediron at charter.net
Fri Sep 2 01:10:29 EDT 2005

Matt,

Prescient! (wow, where did that come from? maybe its because I have
been attentive to the "geology thread" instead of the "old timey radio"
thread. that I am now more eloquent ).

I recall that a "cheater" wire was often present in V-Dubs and 914's as
an alternative to  using a screwdriver across solenoid terminals to
"work around" a similar problem.

Since I have come out of the closet on electrical aptitude, and am
therefore certifiably autistic, can you amplify on where the relay is
installed in the ignition switch circuit.

Since this is becoming the equivalent of a 12 step program, I want to
admit that I have "jacked" a Corvair with a floor jack on the
differential, but I will never do so again!

Bill