<VV> Tacking Strips

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Fri Sep 2 12:49:57 EDT 2005

I have the top for my convertible, and am hoping to use the long weekend
to work on installing it.  I will replace the side taking strips, but am
wondering what to do about the front one under the front bow edge that is
riveted in.  It is pretty much shot on my car.  I am guessing drill out
the rivets, and cut new strip material (  I just recieved what clarks
sells for tacking strip replacement) to fit and use small screws and
nuts to hold it.  Anyone have any good suggestions?  What glue do you guys
suggest to glue in the tack strips, and to go in between the tack strip
material, to build up the material to the correct thickness.

Also if anyone has any tips and tricks on top intstalls please share.
Thanks again to all those that offered online and offline help before on
my top install questions.

Geoff Johnson
1963 Convertible
http://www.unm.edu/~geoffj/Vair/Vert/Vert.html