<VV> RE: Tacking Strips

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Fri Sep 2 15:45:57 EDT 2005

You can purchase neoprene tack strips for convertible tops, contact cement
and pop rivet it in.  (I don't suggest using card board, better material is
available and easier to do)

Tips on installing top.

Heat top in a heat box.  This will allow you to stretch it and get the
wrinkles out. before you install it.  During installation heat with heat gun
if needed in order to stretch.

Be prepared to tack in place, check for fit, untack and retack, check for
fit....

Take your time.

Work from center out.

Do a search on the web and get some instructions on the install, check your
local library for how to book.

Or you could hire an upholster to do it (best choice in my opinion).

Keith (upholster son w/ many tops under belt) Hammett