<VV> JACKING POINTS/Mount failure

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 3 21:08:27 EDT 2005

I'm not bashing Lon or Steele or Hank.  I don't think the rebuilt mounts
are up to hard driving.  I had my original 65 mount fail about 4 years
ago.  I bought a replacement from Lon, it failed within a couple of
months.  I then bought a 66 to 69 style from Lon, it made about 3
months.  I can guarantee I never jacked them up by any part of the drive
train when they were in my car. I then asked for an NOS mount on the VVs
and bought a 66 to 69 from Bob Galli and it hasn't failed.  I didn't return
any of the failed mounts because I feel my daily driving is really hard on
them.  If I thought they were defective, I would have returned them for a
credit or replacement.  They're out in the barn somewhere.  I live in an
"equestrian" neighborhood with really washboard gravel roads, which
probably beat the heck out of the mounts.  The good news is the county did
redo the main roads a month or so ago, with some type of
clay/asphalt/gravel mixture which hasn't washboarded yet.

Dennis