<VV> Mount failure

Brown, David David.Brown at bsci.com
Sat Sep 3 21:37:53 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Dennis & Debbie
Pleau
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> JACKING POINTS/Mount failure

<SNIP>...  "I live in an "equestrian" neighborhood with really washboard
gravel roads, which probably beat the heck out of the mounts.  The good
news is the county did redo the main roads a month or so ago, with some
type of clay/asphalt/gravel mixture which hasn't washboarded yet."
Dennis

Dennis,
Did you ever check into the mount that Jeff Brekke was selling?  New
price was about the same ($130), but the "core" bushing could be easily
replaced for $25 if/when it wore out.  I attached a couple of pictures
(to Dennis), if anyone else wants them, I can send them separately.  His
email at the time was brek86 at cs.com .  I haven't used one, so I can't
speak from experience.
Dave
Corvair Houston