<VV> mo' wheelz / 66 Steering wheel adapters

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sun Sep 4 14:28:26 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/4/2005 10:44:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jhouston at warbug.com writes:

> '66 would probably qualify as a late...  :-P
> Jim Houston
> Brandon, FL
> >>Anyone have or know where I can find the proper adapter kit with horn
> >>button for a '66 ?
> >>
> >>Padgett
>
> >************************************************************************
> ******
> >UltraMonzaWest at aol.com wrote:
> >Is your car early 66  or late.........early  is made of
> >"unobtainium"....AFAIR
> *****************

No flame!   BUT  how many times do we have to go over this....ggggg

Early production 1966 cars had the same as a late 65[?]  ...long steering
shaft with DIFFERENT SLPINES on the end....NO ONE makes the adapter any longer!

Later in the year they changed to the next generation  shaft....same as
Camaro[?]

Matt...owner of an early / late 66!  gggg

A quick search of the Archives  at www.virtualcorvairclub.com    found
this..from Stan East

"Non telescopic 65 and 66 splined hubs are different from 67 through 69.
Telescopic 65 and 66 match 67 through 69.
Grant adapters 3162 fit 65 and 66 tele and 67 through 69 Vair and all kinds
of GM since.
Answers are in the CORSA Tech Guide Supplement in an article by Sethracer.
Stan East"