<VV> Dues Increase

boB bobquincy at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 4 15:41:53 EDT 2005

At 02:47 AM 9/4/2005, J R Read_HML wrote:
>Have you ever attended a convention?  If so, did you participate in any of
>the events?

Yes, 1973 (autocross, banquet), '74 (banquet), '76 (autocross chairman,
creator & presenter of The Compleat Corvair, concours, banquet, etc),
numerous mini-conventions in PA, CT, AZ, NC, '94 National, etc...

Yes, I have attended many conventions, participated in many events, chaired
more than a few events, and taken thousands of photos of Corvairs, more
than a few of which were published in the Communique.  More recently I
spent over 500 hours recreating The Compleat Corvair from slides to video,
so as you might figure from all this I am not just a 'taker', I give back
to the club as well.

I have been a Corsa member through most of these years with the exception
of the past 10 years.  I lost interest in Corsa as a club and recently
rejoined, to find not much has changed.  I agree, the fellowship is as
important as the cars but I feel that the Communique should focus on the
cars, the Corvair automobile is the reason we exist as a group.

I am not saying Corsa is not a good club or that the Communique is not a
good publication, only that for me it is not worth the price.  If
membership is declining it would seem there are others who feel the same way.

sincerely,

boB