Fw: <VV> Removing head studs

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sun Sep 4 20:52:36 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel Monasterio
To: N. Joseph Potts
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Removing head studs

     That's my forgotten word ! "flanged nuts".

     I think that those "dimples" are due to high and/or repeated torquing (remember how old those heads are) as I didn't see that dimples after pneumatic hammering but slightly cleaner marks. Of course, I've seen those "dimples" and some diameter reducing on the holes, close to where the nut contacts the head.
     No, I didn't weld the socket to the flange. I welded the socket to a SHANK (any discarded tool used with the air hammer). Or.... maybe I am not using the right word. Is it not a shank ? If you have or have used an air hammer you'll know what I am trying to refer to. English words are not so handy to me. Please... correct me if "shank" is not the right name for the tool.

     Daniel