<VV> Hybrid gas/hydrogen fuel system (minimal corvair)

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sun Sep 4 23:37:18 EDT 2005

Oh come on...  Just how much does it cost to electrolylze water into H2
and then pump it to 3000-4000+ psig to fill those tanks?  Unless you get
  free electricity, this is a fool's errand.  Hydrogen shouldn't be
thought of as a fuel per se, but rather an ebnergy storage system.  The
method they are proposing is technically feasible, but economically very
foolish. Do the energy balance.  It doesn't take a PhD, only some high
school algebra.

Jim Burkhard