<VV> Mo steering wheel adapters

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Sep 5 03:02:02 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/4/2005 7:12:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,

pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

> Anyone have or know where I can  find the proper adapter kit with horn
> button for a '66 ?
>
> Padgett

I don't mind going over it again. The 64-66 Corvair (non-telescoping wheel)
used a small spline that NO other car used. The 60-63 and 67-69 Corvairs and
all  Telescoping columns used a larger spline common to almost every other GM
car.  There are a few differences in the outside wheel diameter where it meets
the  column, but the splines are the same.

The only manufacturer of the 3-bolt cast aluminum adapter for the 64-66,
(includes the cover and the proper horn button) is Clarks. Grant  discontinued it
and Clarks put up the money for the tooling for Grant to make it  for them.
Clarks owns the tooling and Grant makes it exclusively for them. You  can often
find used ones, or even new ones, at swap meets.

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette