<VV> Rear wheels counter rotate

RWhitt1245 at aol.com RWhitt1245 at aol.com
Mon Sep 5 09:06:50 EDT 2005

Recently I purchased a 62 with a seized engine that had been sitting in a
field for a long time. When I attempted to wench it backward on to the trailer,
one rear wheel rotated one direction and the other rear wheel the other
direction, making it difficult to load to say the least. The car appeared to out
of gear. We finally picked up the rear with a tractor and got it on the
trailer.  What caused this? Can I disconnect one of the axle u joints without the
rear  suspension collapsing to make it easier to get it off of the  trailer?
Thanks
Corvair novice,
Ron W.