<VV> Rear wheels counter rotate

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Mon Sep 5 10:36:14 EDT 2005

I think the transmission IS in gear. If you can get at the transmission
linkage (just forward of the transmission), I'd suggest opening the clamp
that retains the clevis to the tube running forward, then pull the peg out
that attaches the clevis to the shifter shaft of the transmission. Then get
a cotter-pin puller or a #1 Phillips-head screwdriver and shift the
transmission using that tool until you find neutral. Wheels should be free,
then.
     Disconnecting a u joint would be at least that much trouble, and I'm
not sure your rear suspension would hold up for moving the car (others can
tell you).
     Another alternative: get someone to sit in the driver's seat and hold
the clutch pedal down.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C