<VV> RE:declining membership in CORSA and the Communique

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 5 12:54:37 EDT 2005

Hi all,

What I think needs to happen is the longtime members need to share their
wisdom by writing articles.  The younger membership shouldn't be required to
pull themselves up by their own bootstraps as much.  I think that is what
Russ Moorhead meant in his post.  Some of the 30+ year old articles are
still relevant too and I'd venture to say that there are quite a few members
who have never read them.  If Corsa isn't getting enough articles, what is
wrong with filling the space with a few classic articles?  A thirty year old
article is only dull if you read it 30 years ago.  Thing is my memory isn't
that good so I'd think it was a new article!!  I've got a box of old Corsas
dating back to the 70's and 80's and I have to say there are many article in
them that would do very well repeated for the younger membership.  I picked
up those old Corsas because I knew there would be pearls of wisdom in them
but older Corsas are getting harder to find.  Those article dealing with
unique versions of the Corvair, history, insider employee stories are among
my favorite.  I've been a member of Corsa since the early 90's and have
never written an article for it so I'm guilty too.  Guess I need to get off
my a** and write a few articles for the newbees!

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, more to come!