<VV> Rebuild II

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 5 18:29:47 EDT 2005

Ok, I was told to insert the pistons into the jugs (sans rings) head
first ( the opposite of how it would be assembled when put together)
up to the bottom of the crescent of the skirt.  I was able to get the
.002 gauge to go in on each of the cylinders, but only on either side
of the apex of the skirt.  It was also tight as so as to require a back
and forth motion and it seemed as though, when the gauge would not go
it, that coxing it back and forth and side to side (pendulum manner)
allowed the gauge to insert.  Once in, it moved more freely.
Thoughts.  Do I have .002 clearance or am I fooling myself?

Stephen Upham