<VV> Rim ID and Tire Suggestions?

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 20:19:32 EDT 2005

Now, here's a silly question I thought I'd never be asking..at least
not so soon.
Some of you may know..on my '64 I have Nissan rims with 15" tires.
Handle great. Good for autocross.  But I hate the look of the rims.
Ugh. The low profile tires do make it handle like a fly on ice however.
 But....

Yesterday I picked up a set of way cool chrome 13" rims.  I don't have
the foggiest idea what make they are, but they were on a guys '63 Vair.
 Now..I have the daunting task of deciding what tires to put on 'em for
my regular daily driving.  I'm thinking P165-80R-13 is probably the
size I'm looking for, but does anyone have suggestions on
brand/style/model of tires that offer really decent handling?  The last
new tires I had to buy were for my Blazer, and it took me 6 months to
make my tire choice.

The tires on them are P-165-80B-13 Sears Bias Ply tires..that have lots
of tread left, but are OLD. So I don'tplan on putting these tires on
the road.

Pics are at:
http://www.edselmotors.com/rims.jpg
http://www.edselmotors.com/rims2.jpg

Anyone know what brand these rims are?  Also, he said they were
"uni-lug) or some such..the holes are slightly elongated to fit various
sizes I suspect.  All the lug nuts and large, round, flat washers came
with the rims, as removed from his '63 years ago.  EVen the matching
locking style nuts with the proper unlocking nut/key thing.  These are
all in really great shape, especially for a daily driver...and I got
them so cheap it's almost embarassing. I was really hoping for chrome
wheels..but was figuring on next season...but I stumbled into this deal
so here I am!

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===