<VV> Rim ID and Tire Suggestions?

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Sep 5 21:33:34 EDT 2005

At 08:52 PM 9/5/2005, you wrote:
>  I'm thinking P165-80R-13 is probably the size I'm looking for, but does
> anyone have suggestions on brand/style/model of tires that offer really
> decent handling?

A lot depends on how wide the rims are. If 6" you have some options, 5" not
as many. Mine has 185/80R-13s and is about the smallest I would want to go.
Not a performance tire by any means, an 80 section tire is just not going
to handle real well.

I would suggest going to www.tirerack.com and looking at what they have. On
a 6" rim, a 205x60x13 or a 5" 195x70x13 would be about it. Have heard good
things about Kumho tires but have never had any.

Padgett