<VV> Travel to Corvair Days in PA

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Sep 5 23:03:04 EDT 2005

Just an update, for those of you considering going to the Corvair Days
event in PA this weekend.  Not meant to start a huge repeat of the gas
threads of the past few days, just a little travel info.  We packed the
family in the Greenbrier and went camping with Ben and Lynn Stiles
(Ben's Bus) this past weekend north of Harrisburg.  Gas was mostly
$3.39 for regular/$3.59 for premium, no issues with supply or lines.
Did find some premium for $3.29.  For those of you coming up from the
south, here in Springfield VA it's about $3.19 for premium, around $3
even for regular.

The little Redbrier got 17.1 MPG out of her car 110/PG on the way up,
I've not checked the return milage - bear in mind that's with a full
load family of five plus camping gear, food, and such.  Blowby is
getting kinda bad on this engine, but it still runs really nice.  I
suspect a fresh engine would get close to 20.  Had a good time hanging
out with the VW Westfalia crowd and going to Knoebel's amusement park.
A longer report and photos link later.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa