<VV> Baaaaad Fuel mileage

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 14:57:28 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/6/2005 11:19:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

> Just remembered that someone (not me) on the list had tried many things to
> increase a substandard MPG and thought it might be relevant.
***

But he has a Safeguard with A/ F  readouts......and is running LEAN!

> ps indications are that in the 100 miles I drove my newly acquired 66, it
> got about 17.5 MPG with the chokes stuck closed.
>
> Padgett

********
Typical!   most are so worried about "quick startups"  that they leave them
rich....

On your "insufficient travel"  Choke rod.......it will be interesting to see
if that Bank  is not firing well......or if it's mechanical?

The thermocoil is pretty foolproof.

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug