<VV> Poor Gas Mileage & FAH

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Sep 6 20:31:28 EDT 2005

>Misaligned? I thought it was either there (and if so, it only goes in one
>way- point down)  or missing all together.
>Owner of the gas guzzling 67

67 is likely to have the fix in place since the bulletin is from 1965
however if the needle were missing entirely that would account for "4-5
MPG". Doesn't take much & worth a look if everything else has been exhausted.

And naturally while fiddling with the choke on mine, the fresh air hose on
the upper shroud fell apart. Clarks lists two: an original repro (C 764)
and a rubber one (C 764X) that cost less and is supposed to last longer.
This will never be a serious show car, am just not into that. Is the rubber
one really better ?

Padgett