<VV> RE: misaligned enrichment needle

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 6 21:27:04 EDT 2005

I can confirm that the enrichment needle does not actually get misaligned,
as it is a tight fit (less than .001" clearance). What is more likely is
that it can get hung up by moving to all the way to the top of it's
cylinder, which is farther than it normally goes, and gets stuck in some
nice varnish build up. Once it hangs up, it could be there for good, or
hopefully fall back into place from vibration and fuel system cleaner.
Anyone who has removed more than a few of them understands what I mean :-)
I have even had to drill out a few over the years (when the tech guide tip
doesn't work).
The Carbmeister

I can't imagine how that could happen. How can it misalign?
The needle is captive in its cylindrical chamber and can only go up or down
to those limits.