<VV> OCTANE CALCULATION

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 7 16:40:42 EDT 2005

 Most of the gas stations around here sell 87, 89, 93 octane. Do we have
someone on line who can tell me the proper mixture ratio to obtain 91
octane? I would assume the most simple is a 50-50 mixture of 87+93 to
get 90, or 89+93 to get 91. Reason being, the engine was rebuilt to run
on 91, and I want to see if I can get reasonably close.

  140 CR 9.1:1 .032 squish, octane cut pistons.

 I would error on the safe side and pump more 93 than anything else.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS