<VV> OCTANE CALCULATION

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 7 18:03:45 EDT 2005

More and more stations are going to one hose per pump.  Makes me feel like
I'm getting a hose full of 87 before any 93 makes it to my tank.  The NEXT
guy gets lucky and gets a hose full of the 93 that "I" paid for!

Anyway, the reason they do this is they need less tanks in the ground.  They
DON'T have a 89 tank.  They get the 89 by blending the 87 and 93.

Yes - 89 + 93 = 182 / 2 = 91.  A 50 - 50 mix gets you there.

Later, JR