<VV> engine clack

Jack Kean villahaven-products at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 18:56:49 EDT 2005

You should simply stop everything before you do any
additional damage to the engine. You may or may not
have seen some VV threads relating to camshaft lobe
"failures". Failures in this area can be (but are not
100%) related to the fact that the lifter might not be
rotating properly. Left unchecked, this lack of
rotation will simply flat spot the lifter, and destroy
the lobe.

Drain the oil. How much metal is in it? If you are
wearing these parts out, the metal will be evident.
Then pull the valve train apart, down to the push rod
tubes. Inspect all of the parts. You can even look at
the cam lobes. If it's this problem, it will be
appearant, and if you are lucky, you will catch it
before you have to split the cases. If not, you will
get some peace of mind, at the cost of a day, a set of
vitons and a couple of valve cover gaskets.

just a thought. Please do not ask how I know this.

jk