<VV> Adjusting Valves

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 8 08:30:57 EDT 2005

Here's the best way. Do one cylinder at a time. Remove the two rockers, two
studs and the guide plate. BTW, the guide plate HAS to go back with the "U"
facing out. Remove the pushrods and tubes. Replace the outer O ring. Install
the tube thru the head and THEN install the inner O ring. Seat the tube with
a 9/16" socket and rubber hammer. You'l feel it pop into place. Reassemble
the valve train; rotate the engine to that cylinder's firing (use
distributor as guide); tighten the rockers to zero lash, and add 3/4of a
turn.
Go to the next cylinder.....

Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage