<VV> OCTANE CALCULATION

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Sep 8 14:50:32 EDT 2005

    Yes, that is definitely one way to go.  For the water to be injected I
recommend using condensate from your dehumidifier which is equivalent to
distilled water.  However, it will most likely have dust particles in it so it should
be filtered before using.  Also, in the winter you may have to add alcohol to
prevent freezing.  Or in the cold months, you could simply switch to using
windshield washer fluid.  Lots cheaper than trying to purify New Orleans street
water (although that might actually have some fuel value.(:-)
    Another possibility is using an electronic knock sensor that retards your
ignition timing when it "hears" pinging/knocking.  Ray Sedman has the best
and it even has a display so you can see just how much it is retarding at any
given moment.
    Frank "aquaman" Burkhard

In a message dated 9/8/05 2:06:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, deltainc at grm.net
writes:
I would assume the most simple is a 50-50 mixture of 87+93 to
> get 90, or 89+93 to get 91. Reason being, the engine was rebuilt to run
> on 91, and I want to see if I can get reasonably close.
> MIKE KOVACS
********
Ya might look into water injection; water has GOTTA be cheaper than $3.89
per gallon ( unless you get french tickled  coni-swaa drinking water which
is $28.50 per gallon, I think .....

...... anyway, sing to tune of Mary Poppins ..... " a little bit of water
makes the gasoline bills go down ... "

regards, ken campbell,  buying up surplus NewOrleens water to sell to water
injection users ....